Tuesday, February 01, 2005

leftover haggis

Last week, I hosted a Burn's night supper (if you have no idea what I'm talking about, go to www.robertburns.org/suppers/). We had neeps, tatties, whisky, and haggis--both regular and vegetarian. It was great, but I have all this leftover haggis. I really liked haggis about a week ago, but I'm getting a little sick of it now.

I've been searching around, trying to find some new ways of preparing haggis. I haven't been able to find anything, but somebody could make a killin' if they began marketing some Haggis Helper in this country. I thought that I would end up with a mess o' bad haggis when I came up with a good idea yesterday: Haggis Salad. I simply mixed some mayo, pickle (relish), and walnuts with haggis and made a haggis salad sandwich. Sounds gross, but it was pretty good (for the recipe, send me a self addressed stamped envelope and $19.95--Georgia residents add 6% tax).

Tonight, I'm thinking about mixing it with salsa for a dish I like to call Haggis Sumpin' Fierce.

1 Comments:

At 10:17 pm, Blogger Steve said...

a great way to eat left over haggis is like this...

mix up some leftover haggis with an egg. make it into little balls and dip them in breadcrumbs, fry up in some olive oil. Well any oil really, although I'd avoid used sump oil.

Bloody delicious. Savour with a nice hoppy bitter. (I'd recommend Limburg Hopsmacker, although I doubt you can get it in Edinburgh).

Oh if you catch up with my brother (David McKinlay, an kiwi expat Jambo - probably hing'in arood doon Leith Walk somewhere - say hello).

steve

 

Post a Comment

<< Home