Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Mongers

We finally got decent internet, so I can blog away now. One thing I've wanted to blog about is all the mongers here in St. Andrews. We have a Cheesemonger, a Fishmonger, an Ironmonger, and a Musicmonger. It seems that if you sell something, you can just name that item, put "monger" behind it, and be in business. The ironmonger doesn't really sell iron, though--the ironmonger is more like a hardware store. But I guess "hardwaremonger" was too long. Every time that I pass the cheesemonger, I just about fall over dead. The smells that come from that monger are incredibly putrid. And I haven't even been inside yet. The fishmonger has nothing on the cheesemonger in the way of smells. After I return to the states, I think I might call myself the theologymonger, or the spiritualitymonger, or maybe the sermonmonger.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home